The title is in reference to a few special people. But trust me - this is the recipe that YOU want too!
1. This is for my dad who said, "You've got to blog about this!" When I didn't blog about it in a timely manner he emailed to ask for it. It is that good!
2. This is for my sweet friend, Libbie (the middlest sister), whose son fell in love with it.
3. This is for my close friend and fitness partner, Leah, who like me is trying to eat the most nutrient-rich foods possible.
This is a great fruit topping that can be used with all fruits. I especially like it with berries. My dad loved when I served it with grilled pineapple.
Cashew Cream by A Little Spinach
1 cup raw cashews
3-4 Medjool dates (depending on how sweet you want the topping)
1 T. frozen orange juice concentrate
approximately 1/4 cup almond milk
a few drops of vanilla extract
1. Soak the cashews in water for one hour. Drain and rinse.
2. If you are using soft dates, you may skip this step. If your dates feel harder, soak for 10-30 min in water to soften.
3. Put cashews, dates, frozen orange juice, and vanilla in food processor.
4. Blend ingredients.
5. Add liquid to desired consistency. About a fourth of a cup is perfect.
|Be sure to use RAW cashews.|
|Soak cashews for one hour. Drain and rinse.|
|Medjool dates taste like caramel. YUM.|
|Be sure to remove the pit in the middle.|
|Soak only if needed.|
|ready to blend|
|the finished Cashew Cream|
THAT'S IT! Now tell me it's not simple. It is so easy!